CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Back to school???

I don't know, call it intuition, inspiration, a gut feeling, but whatever it is, it's pulling me, hard, to start doing something with my life! I love being a mom, don't get me wrong, but I have always felt that there was something more I was supposed to be doing with my life and my talents. I know that there is NO HIGHER calling than that of a mother, and I cherish it, and it will always come first. But right now I am going to do something for me, that in the long run is for my family too. I went and toured the Art Institute of Utah this morning. It was AMAZING! I'm thinking of going back to school to get a degree in the Pastry Arts. I am getting really serious about Très sucré and I have come to the conclusion, that if I am going to do this, I am going to do it right. I want to get the proper training, skills, techniques, that will make me more than just a mom who can cook! I want to be a professional, and marketable. As I toured the campus this morning I seriously almost started to cry. It was like my whole body was tingling with excitement and anticipation. I want this so bad I can taste it (and it tastes like french pastries;)

7 comments:

JenL said...

You go, girl!! That sounds so fun. When will you start?

Our3Boys said...

I think you should go for it!!!

Emily said...

I completely hear where you are coming from. I looked into getting my bachelors from home...and am thinking of starting a boutique farm shop that is organic, and sustainable, with food, clothing, and furniture. What can I say....women have alot to offer even without leaving the home.

Greg said...

I am a New York Times bestselling author working on a new book about mother-daughter relationships and thought you might want to contribute. Please visit my page for details about submitting stories for Mom's Little Angel.

Gregory E. Lang
Author of “Daddy’s Little Girl,” “Why a Daughter Needs a Dad,” “Why a Daughter Needs a Mom” and more.

ashlie said...

That sounds like a blast! I think you should go for it!

The Price's Wife said...

That's AWESOME Dusty! And I'm here for you too, in case you need a taste tester or something because I'm just a really good friend like that and I'm willing to make sacrifices!

Melanie said...

I got your blog from Aimee so I hope you do not mind if we check it out, since we seem to never be able to get together. Wow, what an endeavour! Goog luck and let us know when things are up and running. We will help getting the word out.