
Sofie 1 day old.
Why is it that we always want what we can't have? For the last 9 years (since being married) I have been saying I only want 2 kids. Then we had one boy and one girl. Perfect. 2 healthy, beautiful children. What more could I ask for? That is exactly what I have always said I wanted. And since the birth of Thomas, when people ask, I say, "We are SO done having babies!!!" But, in the back of my mind I always thought I would have one more down the road. On Tuesday the Doctor informed us that we will definitely be having no more kids... My husband's pituitary gland is not functioning at all (and it produces ALL of the hormones in your body, it's the "mother" gland), so he will no longer have any little "swimmers". I suddenly got really sad at the realization that we really are DONE having kids - although we have said that all along - it;s a different story when someone tells you that you are done and you have no say in the matter! So anyway, here's to wanting what you can't have!
Oh, and I quote my husband EXACTLY, "This is the best news I've gotten in the last 2 months!" I guess I was the only one holding out hope that we would have one more little rugrat running around here!

6 comments:
And Brighten is a miracle...because that is exactly what our doctor told us...not that it is going to happen, but sometimes God says different.
I so want to bite that adorable little face! I could see why you'd want more!
Isn't it amazing that with all a mother's body goes through to bring these little miracles to earth that when the day comes, "You're done." is so emotional and difficult to process.
Hugs!!
Lauriann
I agree with the whole saying your done is completely different than being TOLD your done. Um, Sof was so cute, I would like to see some more pics of the babies!!!!!
Okay...how much did Sofie weigh at birth? I've never seen cheeks like that on a new born in all my life! I LOVE IT!!
I totally hear ya! We had decided we were "done", too. But when the Dr told me she would "advise" that we didn't have anymore because it "could be dangerous" .. well .. kinda starts that clock ticking again, huh?
Smile, cutie! You have a beautiful family!
Post a Comment