Now we just wait. Wait to see the results of his 2nd MRI. Wait to see if they can clamp off the cerebral fluid drain. Wait to see if his body can regulate its sodium level. Wait to see if his sinus cavity (or wherever the heck the went in) is sealed off (basically so he doesn't have brain fluid coming out his nose, YUMMY). Wait to see if he can dodge an infection. Wait to see if his eyes will get better. Wait. Wait. Wait. I am so tired of waiting. Can't this all just be over yet? Can't I take him home yet?He is doing well, though. He is beginning to get frustrated and tired, but his body seems to be doing what it should be doing. His sodium level is still lingering just above the line, so far so good. They will clamp his spinal drain tomorrow at some point, take out the packing from his nose, and check how the incision and tear are healing. If it looks good, and it looks like there is little chance of a leak, they will remove the drain, and he can move out of the ICU. We are really hoping that will be the case. Because with the drain in he cannot sit up more than 30 degrees, he can't get out of the bed, or roll from side to side at all. He is uncomfortable, and like I said before, frustrated. And I just sit here wishing I could do something and feeling completely helpless. I can't even occupy my time by cleaning up his room, because every cup and every thing he eats has to be saved and left on his table for the nurses to measure. Uuuurrgggh. I am frustrated too. So where does that leave us? Waiting.
Let's just hope that this waiting game will soon end and this whole surreal and frightening ordeal will be behind us!

6 comments:
Dusti- this is all so unbelievable. If you need anything please ask. We had our life turned upside down once upon a time, we are more than willing to help. Even if you just need ice cream at 2:00 AM. I talked to Evan about everything, based in his limited experience with this situation, he said everything sounds not uncommon under the circumstances. Call me if you need to talk or retail therapy or whatever. - Somer
So sorry! Atleast he's here...and that's what counts! Are you coming to dinner tonight??
I am so glad that things are looking up. Please, let me know what we can do. Thanks for the daily updates too!
Dusti-
I have been thinking of you nonstop but not wanting to bug you. Even Jeffrey asks me everyday how Sofie's dad is doing and said the sweetest prayer for him last night. It sounds like things are going as well as they can. I would really love to help you if you need ANYTHING. Help with the kids, meals, cleaning your house, etc. Please let me know what I can do. I think your attitude through all of this is so amazing! You're the best!
Love, Erin
WAITING SUCKS!!!!! but your honey will be home soon and this will eventually be just a horrible memory. You are loved and always in our thoughts and prayers.
Svata, Dusti, Sofie, and Thomas. We are praying for you all!!! If there is anything at all that we can do please let us know!!!! We love you!
Post a Comment