Sofie started school Tuesday. I was good and I didn't even cry. At least, not on the first day... But then yesterday I was observing some kids on the playground while we were waiting for school to start and I saw these 3 cute little girls talking to a cute little boy and the girls said to the boy, "Your name is re****!" I don't even want to type it, because it is such a mean and hurtful word. Then I got choked up and thought, "I DON"T WANT SOFIE TO GO TO SCHOOL!" Kids are mean. And I just want Sofie to stay young and sweet and happy and innocent. So I was thinking about homeschooling her (no, not really), and then she came home from school today and told me about recess. She said they were playing on the playground and there was a little girl who was sad because she had no friends to play with. I asked her what she did when she saw that and she told me that she went over and played with that girl. Then I got choked up all over again and thought, "Where else can she learn to be a good person? And a good friend?" So I guess I'll give it a go!

Sofie on her first day of school!

Waiting in line to go in!
And I just want to tell Sofie that we are so proud of her! She is doing so well and she is such a sweet and beautiful little girl (when she isn't being a monster:) She has been reading one book a day so far and she is already at the level that she should be at the end of Kindergarten. What a smarty pants! We love you!
Sofie on her first day of school!
Waiting in line to go in!
And I just want to tell Sofie that we are so proud of her! She is doing so well and she is such a sweet and beautiful little girl (when she isn't being a monster:) She has been reading one book a day so far and she is already at the level that she should be at the end of Kindergarten. What a smarty pants! We love you!

7 comments:
How fun for Sophie and congrats on not being a blubber. That will be me on the first day! She looks so grown up and kudos on teaching your child to be soo nice. Give us a call we wold love to hang out again.
She looks so old! She is going to love it!
Dusti-she looks darling. Good job Sofie.
I can't believe how big she is. So cute, they grow to fast.
Anderson has three more weeks! I can't wait, I'll admit. I will only have one at home and I don't exactly know what to do with myself. Tell you one thing...I love the school bus...no more picking up and dropping off and spending countless hours driving around!
She looks so cute! And you are very brave! She's going to love school :)
Hey Dusti! It's your cousin Lacey, I found your blog from the burningham blog. Your blog is so cute, and you have such cute kids! They are a lot bigger than the last time I saw them. Our blog is brianandlaceybagley.blogspot.com if you want to check it out. It's fun to see how you guys are doing!
Post a Comment