CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 29, 2008

Fun Run

Last week Sofie's school had a Fun Run Fundraiser. The kids walked/ran a little over 2 miles. It was the PERFECT day. The sun was shining, a cool breeze, and there was excitement and anticipation in the air. This was farther than most young kids would normally walk or run on their own, in fact I heard one of Sofie's classmates telling their teacher, "this Fun Run isn't very fun!" So funny, and so cute. Sofie has a little bout of whiny-ness in the middle, but she got over it and ended up having a blast. Thomas had fun too. I pushed him in the stroller for about 2 blocks and then it was, "I run, I run, I run!" like a broken record until I let him out to run. And that he did. For the next 2 miles! After the race there was an assembly where they gave out prizes for those who had raised money. Sofie was one of the top three earners, so got some special recognition, and that was really fun to see.


Sofie, with her friends Keira and Cambree.


Their AMAZING teacher, Mrs. Thayer. And when I say amazing, I'm not kidding!


Thomas running.


Sofie taking care of her little brother. She is such a good sister (except of course, when she is tormenting him:)


All of us.


Sofie with her Principal getting her award.

And have I mentioned how much we are LOVING Kindergarten?!




2 comments:

Emily said...

You are such a good mommy. We had the cookie dough fundraiser and I just sent 4 empty packets back to school. I was not going to kill myself to get donations. If I have an extra $50 then I would rather just send a check to the PTA! Evan is going through the terrible twos...hitting strangers and screaming...good times!

Aimee Jager said...

Good for you for going! You're such a trooper :)