We went over to my amazing friend Somer's house a couple of days ago to do make these capes.

Not the best picture, but you get the idea.

They are reversible, and so dang cute!
I made some for my kids and for my nieces for Christmas. Then Somer let me borrow her extra sewing machine and I came home and made SIXTEEN of these little aprons for Sofie's birthday party.

That's right. I made 4 capes and 16 aprons in 2 days. The things we do for our children, right?!!! I had so much fun though, and it reminded me how much I enjoy sewing. I think I might ask Santa for a sewing machine next Christmas (his budget's a little tight this year:).
Oh, and this is what my kids were doing while I was sewing over at Somer's.

When Sofie's not tormenting Thomas, she really is such a good big sister.

He was all smiles. So much fun.
Sometimes I get really frustrated by the challenges of motherhood, but then I see them smiling like this, and I realize that they are totally worth it.
Not the best picture, but you get the idea.
They are reversible, and so dang cute!
I made some for my kids and for my nieces for Christmas. Then Somer let me borrow her extra sewing machine and I came home and made SIXTEEN of these little aprons for Sofie's birthday party.
That's right. I made 4 capes and 16 aprons in 2 days. The things we do for our children, right?!!! I had so much fun though, and it reminded me how much I enjoy sewing. I think I might ask Santa for a sewing machine next Christmas (his budget's a little tight this year:).
Oh, and this is what my kids were doing while I was sewing over at Somer's.
When Sofie's not tormenting Thomas, she really is such a good big sister.
He was all smiles. So much fun.
Sometimes I get really frustrated by the challenges of motherhood, but then I see them smiling like this, and I realize that they are totally worth it.

3 comments:
Love the capes! I made those a couple of years ago and my kids loved them! The aprons are to die for! Good job!
Cute cute! Look at you go! I am a surprisingly big fan of sewing too! Santa should check out some of the black friday sales - I have seen a lot of sewing machines for pretty cheap. I love the sibling love - really does get you through the sibling rivalry as a mom!
Love the aprons, Dusti. Thanks for coming over Monday. I'm glad you had fun. We'll do it again, really soon.
Post a Comment