It all started in October of 1998 in Brno, Czech Republic... I was serving an LDS mission there, and Svata had recently returned from serving a mission in Boise, Idaho. He will tell you that I "had the HOTS for him." Anyone who really knows us, will just laugh at this statement! I was an obedient missionary and never thought of him in that way, at all. In fact, he was "dating" a really cute girl in our branch (and I say "dating" because he was really just refilling that long dried out canteen...). I thought he was mean! Stringing this poor girl along when he knew he was going to return to the US and leave her behind. (Although in retrospect, I'm quite glad he did that :) So, needless to say, no HOTS! He thereafter returned to Idaho and subsequently to Utah. I spent another 6 months in the CR and he went on to Provo to attend BYU... Shortly after returning home I went to Temple Square in SL to attend a concert with one of my old mission companions - and who do we see standing smack dab in the middle of Temple Square? Yep, Svata. He was there on a date, but fortunately for me, his date was singing in the concert and he was alone... It's not that often you just run in to someone you met 10,000 miles away - so we were thrilled to see each other. He came and sat with us through the concert and we talked the whole time. We exchanged phone numbers, went on a date a few days later, got engaged 2 months later, and got married 2 months after that. Whew! That was fast! But I got lucky - couldn't have asked for a better husband, companion, father for my children, or friend. Now 9 years later we have 2 beautiful children and I'd say we're still pretty darn happy. We have our moments, but don't we all??? Sofie is 5 years old and a spitfire to say the least. She is brilliant, in fact most days I think she outsmarts me by a comfortable mile (but don't tell her that). She is also sweet, beautiful, and kind. She knows how to push our buttons, but at the end of the day I know I am lucky to have her and wouldn't want her any other way. She keeps us on our toes and never gives us a dull moment! Thomas is 1 and, well he is the embodiment of an andel s certem v tele - angel with a devil inside. He is such a sweet boy, cute as the dickens, but turn your back for a minute and he's having a splash contest in the toilet or eating his sister's crayons. They both light up when their daddy comes home and they melt my heart with a single smile...




3 comments:
Ok, the pics of your kids are to die for! They are so gorgeous! Sorry we couldn't make the party...but Happy Birthday Steve!!!
Hi dusti,
I got your email. Your kids are so cute. I wish I could figure out to download my photos to my laptop so you could see the curly top boy of mine! Sounds like the party was a blast and you look great. Say hi to Svata for me.
Wow, those are the most beautiful kids ever! My breath is taken away every time I see them, absolutely gorgeous!
Post a Comment