We had a hectic holiday season, to say the least. I mean, we had the normal business of Christmas shopping, parties, seeing the lights, etc. BUT we also had the added chaos of my first holiday season of baking - and it was crazy busy - and then to top it off, hubby in the hospital via ambulance 2 days before Christmas (and he stayed there through Christmas). I'm thinking it's pretty much a miracle that I am even doing this right now! If you would have told me a year ago what I would have been going through this last year, I would have told you to check me in to the mental hospital right then and there. Who knew I could survive all that? Unemployment, brain tumor, 2 crazy kids, and thousands of cookies. We really are only given as much as we can handle. Not that I handled the last year with grace, but at least I didn't have a nervous breakdown! So anyway, here is the Reader's Digest version of our holiday season...

WE went to see the Christmas lights in early December. We didn't even need jackets. It was perfect. And the kids were, surprisingly, SO GOOD.

The suckers could have had something to do with the kids being so nice... :)

I couldn't get a decent picture of them, but at least this is proof that they were both there!

Sofie got tired of me trying to take pictures...

We had Sadie over for a sleep-over and the girls made cupcakes. Little Chefs. So cute.

Sofie's Christmas Program at School.

All of the Kindergartners singing about Santa going green. Cute Cute Cute!

Sofie played indoor soccer this winter. This is Tommy waiting for big sis to be done. I think he had more fun at soccer than she did. Of course, that could be due to the fact that the best they did was tie.

We gave Sofie permission to be mean during soccer. It worked, she went for the ball every time!

Playing Goalie.

Such a poser!

December was also full of pillow fights with dad...

This is while they are all still having fun...

But dad never quite knows when to stop, and they usually end up looking like this!

Breakfast with Santa.

Waiting with anticipation for the big guy to come.

Look how great our activity committee did! The decorations were so stinkin cute!

And as usual, the only thing that stopped Thomas from freaking out when I put him near Santa, was CANDY. The kid is out of control! He loves his candy!!!!!
And I will finally end this post. But never fear. I will do another post about Christmas Eve and Christmas...
WE went to see the Christmas lights in early December. We didn't even need jackets. It was perfect. And the kids were, surprisingly, SO GOOD.
The suckers could have had something to do with the kids being so nice... :)
I couldn't get a decent picture of them, but at least this is proof that they were both there!
Sofie got tired of me trying to take pictures...
We had Sadie over for a sleep-over and the girls made cupcakes. Little Chefs. So cute.
Sofie's Christmas Program at School.
All of the Kindergartners singing about Santa going green. Cute Cute Cute!
Sofie played indoor soccer this winter. This is Tommy waiting for big sis to be done. I think he had more fun at soccer than she did. Of course, that could be due to the fact that the best they did was tie.
We gave Sofie permission to be mean during soccer. It worked, she went for the ball every time!
Playing Goalie.
Such a poser!
December was also full of pillow fights with dad...
This is while they are all still having fun...
But dad never quite knows when to stop, and they usually end up looking like this!
Breakfast with Santa.
Waiting with anticipation for the big guy to come.
Look how great our activity committee did! The decorations were so stinkin cute!
And as usual, the only thing that stopped Thomas from freaking out when I put him near Santa, was CANDY. The kid is out of control! He loves his candy!!!!!
And I will finally end this post. But never fear. I will do another post about Christmas Eve and Christmas...

2 comments:
What cute pictures. We missed seeing you on Christmas, but you were in our thoughts and prayers! Sure love you guys!
I love looking at all you photos...I will have to post the Discovery Gateway soon...
Post a Comment